|Title||Start date||End date|
|Australia Post Catalogue||10/05/2021||06/06/2021|
|Australia Post Catalogue||12/04/2021||09/05/2021|
|Australia Post Catalogue||26/04/2021||09/05/2021|
|Australia Post Catalogue||22/03/2021||11/04/2021|
|Australia Post Catalogue||15/03/2021||11/04/2021|
Australia Post is the federal government business entity that provides all postal services in Australia. Headquarters is located in the Melbourne CBD, and its predecessor was known as the Australian Postal Corporation.
In 1989, the Australian Postal Corporation was reformed, via the corporatization process, to become what is called today - Australia Post.
Some interesting statistics about Australia Post:
• Australia wide there are over 7,900 postal routes serviced by approximately 10,000 postal employees
• Motorcycles are commonly used for postal delivery for approximately 6,500 postal routes
• Manual bicycles are used on approximately 350 postal routes and
• Walking for approximately 1,000 postal routes.
• Cars, vans, and trucks are solely used on the longest routes.
• Air service delivers mail to remote communities in outback Australia
• The last remaining mailboat service is still operational on the Hawkesbury River, Northwestern Sydney.
Australia Post provides collection, processing, and distribution services for letters for the whole Australian community, and between Australia and all other overseas countries and destinations.
Letters and associated services:
• Postal Services
• Post Boxes
• Postage rates for local and overseas destinations
Agency services and retail merchandise:
• Agency Services
• Retail Merchandise
• Parcels and Logistics
• Digital Services
• Parcel Lockers
Every year, Australia Post will typically perform the following:
• Deliver over 40 million parcels in December alone
• Generate internal revenue above $5 billion
• Provide business savings over $250 million to business organizations
• provide deliveries to over 200 countries
• Have over 4,000 post offices
• Provide over 15,000 street posting boxes
• Employ approximately 80,000 people in the Australia Post workforce.